My Blog List

Saturday

Spring Bluff Historical Railway Station & Gardens




 

On 29th August this year, Sid and I went on an excursion with our local seniors' group to some parts of the mountains in the Great Dividing Range, which, incidently, runs most of the length of Australia's eastern coast   We had a lovely day out, the first place we visited being Spring Bluff, near Murphy's Creek, on the way to Toowoomba, at a lower part of the Ranges.  It was a beautiful morning and we had set off early in our touring bus and arrived at the Bluff in time for morning tea.  Needless to say, I took a lot of pictures, as the gardens there are just so pretty and blooming with annuals and cherry blossoms, amongst other things.  I hope you enjoy the pictorial journey with me  :)  Here is how it used to look in the early days of construction...

As you will see, it has changed and developed a great deal.  You can check out its history here.  I loved all the flowers as you will observe and they were just coming into their first Spring flush of blooming...
Primulas, petunias, statice and pansies were just a few on offer, plus begonias and cherry blossoms just beginning to bud...






Looking happy beside a blooming embankment, were Sid and I....morning tea was being prepeared as we prowled with the camera!


A view of the Cafe
Another view of the Cafe and Station






I hope you enjoyed sharing part of our morning on the Darling Downs...there will be another post soon of the Japanese Gardens in Toowoomba as soon as I finish editing the photos  :)


3 comments:

  1. This is a lovely place with a beautiful flower garden! I can see you had a wonderful outing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the beautiful flowers!! Looks like you and Sid had a great day. Thanx for taking me along... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what lovely gardens and cafe. must be very restful walking amongst it all! don't ya just love spring?!!

    ReplyDelete