My Blog List

Wednesday

It's Spring!


September the First is officially the primo day of Spring here in Australia and I am filled with joy at the prospect of new growth, new beginnings, new freshness everywhere.  My jasmine is blooming, sweet and dusky on the evening air and hope rises within me that this will be an extra-beautiful season of change within nature and the blessedness of all new life.



I think, deep in our heart of hearts, everyone loves Spring; the air is laden with fragrance, one feels energised and refreshed somehow and it's a lot more than just a perfunctory date on a calendar.  I am in love...




In love with life itself on this glorious sunny day filled with so much promise!  My night flowering jasmine, pictured above, is redolent with the warmth and sultryness of a beautiful woman, such is its perfume after sunset.  It is heady and heavy, rich with passion and the desire to recreate.




The bower of beauty above is candy pink and soft against the sun, inviting bees and insects to lunch in the grandest way  :)  I love its soft and tender petals and the way it dances on a gentle breeze...




My Carolina jessamine is the clearest, creamiest and most lovely of yellows, cascading with vigour against the upright at my patio edge.  I love it; even though it is without perfume, its clarity and energy will  refresh me each Spring day to follow.



The tender blue-mauve flowers of the butterfly bush are pushing softly into the warm Spring air now and will only gain more dear flowers as the season progresses...  Tiny yet glorious all in one!



And what would Spring be without the gentle beauty of the grape hyacinths; blue and lovely bells against slender green foliage.  I am still waiting for my other hyacinths to bud, and grow impatient with each passing day; longing for the fragrance that only they can impart...no wonder I am in love with Spring!

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely post to find with my morning coffee!! I write about autumn, you tell about spring, in some months ahead we'll turn around! I have the same white jasmine in my garden and from two gardens away the sweet smell of honey drifts over in the evening from the other kind of jasmine!
    Enjoy the spring season and have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy spring!! Your flowers are so beautiful, and lovely to see as mine fade away into fall.
    So glad to see that Yael has found you as well...

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, it's funny to think that you are having spring as we are having fall! your bushes are beautiful, i wish you could pass the scent through the computer! happy happy spring to you!

    ReplyDelete