My Blog List

Sunday

Christmas Memories




Another year, another Christmas!  A strange one for me, this year...Sid has been quite ill, though home from hospital now, plus most of my State is under water with cyclone generated rain!  I'm not alone in thinking maybe I should grow fins and swim about instead of walking  :)  The ducks are in heaven, though, LOL

Going through some old pictures, I found one of my darling niece Lynne and me sitting on Santa's knee.  It is very old and a black and white, but I still recall clearly the dresses each of us we were wearing.  Mine was pale blue with white flower sprigs and Lynne's was light brown with little yellow ducks around the hem.  I was about ten and Lynnie was two...such innocence, though Lynnie looks a trifle overwhelmed  :)  She is now a mother to three grown sons!


These next two pix I had to share; the two decorations were made by my clever sister, Beverley, who is a craftswoman to her bones!   She does wonderful needlework, and designed and stitched the bootee and the diamond.  Not bad for an eighty year old!  I have had some lovely pieces from her over the years.



I loved the colours she chose and her technique is flawless to my eyes. You can zoom in in the pictures to better see the fine detail in her work.  I must get around to photographing some more of her pieces and post them to share with you.  I need to take lessons from Yael and Uri on the best ways to photograph craft.  A Happy Holiday Season to you and may 2011 be full of kindness and love...




~ Penelope ~

5 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas, my dear Eli!! I didn't know Sid was ill; I'm SO sorry...
    Your sister's handmade ornaments are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the photo eli!! very cool!
    your sister's crafts are beautiful!
    hope sid gets well soon....happy new year to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for all your kind good wishes! Love to you across the oceans!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear sweet lovely Penelope! Thank your for your friendship, I so much enjoy and appreciate your comments and your posts from so far away and nevertheless to near!
    Come to my party, please! :-)
    All the best for you, most important: health for you and Sid!!
    Hugs, Yael.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank You Eli for sharing your Christmas memory & for the Christmas wishes you sent. I hope your Sid & my Danny will have a better year with their health.
    Hope you are making in through the rain there & do not have to leave home like some I saw on the news! Take care. Big Hugz Deja

    ReplyDelete