My Blog List

Friday

Home and Loved



On Thursday, Sid and I went out for lunch and to shop for a birthday gift for my sister Beverley, whos'e special celebration is in a couple of weeks.  Our pets were left "Home Alone" for the duration: Sid's plump little Jamie, my lovely Siamese girl Tiggy and of course my faithful Rusty.  Whenever they are left to their own devices for any length of time - be it 10 minutes or 4 hours! - there are always very enthusiastic greetings by the three amigos upon our arrival home.  Note the pink tongue and Sid's rapturous expression.....

 
Jamie felt the need to give Sid big kisses......


 ...and more big kisses....


 

before collapsing, exhausted by his efforts, on Sid's ample tummy!


 Not to be outdone, Tiggy jumped onto my knees and gazed questioningly into my eyes for several moments, trying to keep out of the boys' way....she, at nearly eleven, finds the jostling and general canine roughhousing hard to take and prefers the safety of my lap.  Sweet girl!
.

 Rusty, having  also taken part in the supreme licking and overall dampness that big doggie lovin' produces,

.
...then also collapsed and went to sleep on the sofa between Sid and I.  The whole thing took a good twenty minutes and then there were naps all round to recover from the exertion!  They were too tired to even start their dinner!  A minor miracle considering it was chicken!  I am so proud and happy to be so well loved by our pets.  I must be doing something right  :)

4 comments:

  1. Aren't pet pals wonderful? Those who don't have them are missing much. My Cassie has hardly left my side since I returned from the hospital yesterday. Such a comfort...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these, Eli!!!! What precious babies you have to love you and they sure DO love you and Sid!!!! LOVE the pics!!!!

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, i love all the "lovin" pics! a world without animals would be a sad world, indeed!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This shows a lot of affection - but it is not allowed with our dog ever! No jumping and no licking! She just wags her tail in different stages of frantic to show us her love and excitement!
    Sweet photos of a lovely pair!

    ReplyDelete