My Blog List

Wednesday

Birthday Of A Scorpio



It’s October already and I can barely believe it!  Each year now, the months seem to visit me closer together, with fewer days and less getting done in my not so busy life.  I love all the seasons, though summer could be much cooler and a lot less humid and I wouldn’t complain :) 



October is special to me though, not just because it’s the middle of Spring, but because it is the month I got to meet, after a forever of waiting, my beautiful baby boy.  It will be thirty six years ago this month that we were formally introduced as mother and son, though we had known each other, somehow; informally, intrinsically, during those months he took to grow himself inside me with his characteristic enthusiasm and the  joie de vivre I would come to know and love more with each passing day.  Something like osmosis…

I didn’t think I could feel anywhere near the depth of emotion and deepest love that burned into my soul and my heart as I held his small body protectively close to mine in those instants that followed his birth.  For a brief second as our eyes locked, secrets were shared between us from a thousand lifetimes, and time stood still, until each of us went quietly about beginning life as mother and babe.  It was a magical and mystical time for me and each year I get to relive the anticipation and excitement I felt then, as his birthday draws nearer and nearer.


I am not unique, just another mum who loves their child…but having him was my greatest achievement ever; of that I am certain.  I wish him eons of happiness, a plethora of people to love him and care about him and myriad amazing birth anniversaries. 


I have yet to finalize his birthday gift for 2010, but just the sound of his voice gives me more joy and delight  than I can ever put into words. How do I match that?  With more love than I thought it possible to feel for another human being would be a start....


3 comments:

  1. Heart touching Penelope!
    Happy Birthday Big Guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!! I, too, had a Scorpio baby. She was my third, but is every bit as special. There's nothing as strong as a mother's love...
    BTW LOVE the bicycle photo!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow eli, you have perfectly captured the feelings of every mother! happy birthday to your son and happy birthday to ME. for i am my mother's third child born in october!

    ReplyDelete