My Blog List

Thursday

One Of Those Days

Have you ever had one of those days where everything possible seems to go wrong?  Well, I have and it's sadly today.  The first thing I did wrong was to get out of bed.   I immediately proceeded to fall over the dog who was waiting with considerable impatience to be let out into the garden.  Usually he's the last one to get out from under the feather and down quilt he has claimed as his own, with utter contempt for the cat's and my overnight warmth.  That's when I realised I was awake.  From there it's been steadily all down hill.  Sigh.  The mug of tea I made to start my day ended up all over the cat and the kitchen floor as Miss Tig did her usual death defying dance around my sleepy ankles and I tripped.  The bright spot was when my favourite mug escaped with its life and remained intact.  One bright spot.  Yep, that's been it, so far.

I turned on the computer and it told me it did not want to work today and was having a lie in.  Far too cold, it said with disdain, and raining outdoors.  To prove its point, I got the usual error messages flashing into my tired brain: no, No, NO, and WHAT PART OF NO DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND???!!!  Computers have no manners. After much cajoling and restarting, plus considerable swearing and vehemently blue language, it changed its fickle silicone mind and booted up....eventually.  Now it keeps wanting to restart itself and I haven't even gotten to my email yet.  Apologies if replies are lateish, but this gizmo has a mind of its own and it may decide to pull its own plug and leave me stranded somewhere in cyber space.  

At this stage I have still  not had that first essential mug of tea which clears the cobwebs and assists in my basic functioning au matin and leads to many more delicious bowls full of lovely bergamot and citrus tea.  Sigh.  I guess another bright spot would be not having sustained any fractures to my osteoporotic bones with all the plummeting to the floor I've done  thus far today.  OK. Two bright spots.  An intact mug and no bones in plaster.  Know what?  I think I'll quit whilst I'm ahead and just go back to bed where it's warm and there's nothing to make me rush headlong at the floor trying desperately not to break china or me.  Just a nice soft pillow and a corner of the quilt if I'm lucky..... 

3 comments:

  1. oh eli, we all have those days. i seem to be having one of those LIVES!! hahaha just get back into bed and read a good book. tomorrow will be better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pet cause more falls & broken bones than anything..so please be careful. Thank goodness you had no breaks.
    Computers..don't even get me going there...
    Hope you have a better day today.
    Spring will come for you soon.
    Hugz Deja

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good that there is: Yom Asal - Yom Basal!

    :-)

    ReplyDelete