My Blog List

Thursday

Art Of My Heart

I love art, both classical and modern, and a browse through my computer files has revealed some of my favourites.  I thought I'd share them with you.  Each has been chosen for its style, subject matter and warmth of feeling.  These are all Australian artists that I have selected today:  Margaret Olley, Cressida Campbell and Criss Canning. 


Each artist, to my mind's eye shares the commonality of simplicity of subject matter, a soft sweetness of colour and natural lighting.  If you have time one day, a Googling of each one will yield a rich reward of other examples of their work plus a little about their lives.  I hope you enjoy this selection.


Each picture has the ability to induce in me the need for cosiness and nesting  :)   Or perhaps the longing to find a soft empty armchair, a good book, a pot of Lady Grey tea and a quiet afternoon absorbed in Agatha Christie or Maeve Binchy.


I am struck by the apparent ease with which each woman has captured an instant in time; aware that each painting of course would have taken hours if not days,  weeks or months to produce.


Perhaps I should wander in the garden and look for a stray nasturtium or two?  Or maybe fossick in the cupboard for an interesting pottery bowl in which to place a worthy bloom.  I hope you find something to lift a moment of your day in my humble post......


3 comments:

  1. Enjoyed you post Elli. Thanks for sharing.
    Hugz Deja

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful artwork; wonderful artists! My favorite is the bowls of nasturtiums... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah, the coziness of it all!! i also enjoy art and save examples to my hard drive! these are all beautiful and enjoyable. i also get that cozy feeling from a good book- i am a maeve binchy fan too! thanks for sharing eli...jo

    ReplyDelete